- 23 April 2006
- A new release of MaART has been made, complete with MS Windows
binaries for a lot of the tools. It can be
SourceForge. See the change log for
information on the changes. The documentation that accompanies the
binary package is
available here .
- 13 April 2006
- There is now a detailed description of
how to install MaART on Trustix Linux . Following these instructions
will provide you with a MIDI database which adds new files from
newsgroups on a daily basis. A web server frontend to the database is
presented, using Apache an perl. The instructions should be adaptable
to other linux distributions and web servers.
- 3 December 2005
- Added the mpglib mp3 audio decoding library to CVS. This version of
mpglib is based on the mpglib dll (v0.92) adapted from mpglib by
Martin Pesch. The
latest available version of the mpglib from
mpg123 (pre 0.59s) has been back-ported. Additionally, a patch
(following a security alert) has been incorporated.
- 21 November 2005
- Added the sim application which calculates similarity (and self-similarity)
matrices from feature files. The feature files are loaded as matrices, as
output by wave2mfcc. NB: This is only in available from CVS at the moment.
- 1 August 2005
- Located and fixed the bug causing wave2mfcc to hang. A new release
of MaART has been made, complete with MS Windows binaries for a lot
of the tools. It can be
SourceForge. See the change log for
information on the changes.
- 7 July 2005
- Added the wave2mfcc tool and associated files (simple matrix class
added to a new utility module, mfcc added to the dsp module).
There are DevCPP issues with it (just hangs) but will make a release
once that is done. The wave summarisation program will be put on
hold, as there are a number of directions it could take - and all of
them would distract from the release-inspired tidying.
- 9 June 2005
- Added the beginnings of the signal processing code. A program to generate
Mel-Frequency Ceptrum Co-effecients (MFCC) will arrive shortly, along with
a program which uses them for summarisation.
of the web interface and the Java query entry applets.
- 23 March 2005
- Tidying up for a release in the near future, including binaries for MS Windows.
See the change log for more info. The release cycle
is currently a lot longer than I would like (I'd like four a year) but haven't
had the time to add anything interesting recently - until now. Also, with the
SourceForge statistics system down, it is impossible to gauge external interest in
this project. Please email me, via
my SourceForge profile, if this project would be useful to you "if only it had...".
- 1st August 2004
- To mark the 100th download of MaART, maart-20040801 has been released and
downloaded via SourceForge. It is missing the planned
example CGI setup , but this is probably better managed as a seperate
file release. Also, there always seems to be something more pressing.
- 11th July 2004
- Progress is being made on MaART. It is overdue for a release but I am not
confident / happy with the example CGI setup yet. Get the latest code from
read the change log for information on what
to look out for in the next release.
- 14th January 2004
- Updated the web page. Currently working on an example CGI setup, complete
with forms displaying this MaART look and feel.
- 11th December 2003
- Some of the code has been imported into CVS. There is already enough
to create a MIDI database, although documentation is lacking. More code
is being added as it is cleaned and tidied (to check that it works for
me and to add the LGPL header).